The Healthy Indiana Plan is now, actually, a Healthy Indiana Plan as of February 1, 2015. 290,000 Hoosiers have signed up for HIP 2.0 in the last five months! We expect thousands more to join by the end of 2015.
What is going on? Indiana has accepted Obamacare in an innovative and beneficial manner.
What is HIP 2.0? HIP 2.0 is a comprehensive insurance program for Hoosiers who are between ages 19-64 with income below 138% of the Federal Poverty Level (“FPL”). You do NOT have to be disabled, and your assets are not considered in the eligibility process. 138% of the FPL in 2015 is $16,105 for a single person and $32,913 for a family of four.
HIP 2.0 is composed of four categories of assistance. They are:
1. HIP Basic. This plan is designed for folks at 100% of the FPL who fail to fund their POWER account. These have small co-payments and deductibles. There is no coverage for dental or vision services.
2. HIP Plus. We recommend folks select this category of assistance. You will set up a Personal Wellness and Responsibility account (“POWER” account). You will contribute 2% of your income each month to a POWER Account. This plan covers:
• Maternity Services
• Some Vision Services
• Some Dental Services
Your only cost is your POWER Account contribution.
3. HIP Link. This plan is for employers of low income individuals. The State can help with co-pays, deductibles, and the cost for insurance coverage offered through your employer.
4. HIP State Plan. This is the current plan for disabled, aged, and blind Hoosiers.
Enrollment is easy:
• You can call 877-438-4479 to apply.
• You can apply online.
• Simply type HIP 2.0 Application into Google.
• You can apply at qualified hospitals.
• You can apply at the www.healthcare.gov website.
HIP 2.0 MANAGED CARE:
• Health care is provided by Anthem, MHS, or MD Wise.
• Dental care is provided by Dental Quest.
• Vision care is provided by VSP.
We are huge fans of the HIP Plus program. Please let us know if you have questions about HIP 2.0.
Keith P. Huffman